Kansas City, Mo – Frying season includes a lot of meat and usually vegetables. But do not forget the roasted fruit. And cake.
Yes, baking a pound cake and filling it with fruit is an easy and awesome way to surprise your family and friends this winter!
Best Greetings Cafe and Baking Vanilla and Lemonellolo make a delicious cake, but any pound cake will do so as long as it is made with high quality ingredients such as real butter, real sugar, eggs and real vanilla. Avoid products that contain hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup or vanilla.
Baked Lemoncelo Pound Cake
Serves 6-8 times
- Your favorite high-quality lemonade cake, frozen
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- Blueberries or raspberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Real yeast cream, fresh mint, for garnish (optional)
1. Peel a squash, grate it, place in a bowl and sprinkle with 2-4 tablespoons of sugar. Mix the fruit and let it rest for at least 30 minutes, or up to several hours. This process is called masking. The more fruit you have, the more juice you will have. (You can add other fruits to the mixture, but make sure the strawberries make up more than half of the total mixture.)
2. Slice the frozen pound cake into 1 inch pieces. Anything thin, and you are in danger of collapsing on the plot.
3. Preheat oven to medium / high or about 350-400 degrees. Thoroughly clean the frying pan (remove the wire brush) or see the note below.
4. Grease one side of the pound cake with melted butter. Lightly toss the pound cake on the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side. The brown frying pans make this dessert unique.
5. Place a pound of toasted cake on a plate and top with macaroni. Add whipped cream if desired and garnish with mint.
Pro Grill Tip: You really want to get rid of the mysterious flavors and flavors from the last chef. I suggest you go to any hardware store or retailer that sells BBC supplies and buy a small and easy replacement Grill Green. All you have to do is place this on your regular frying pan. This is much better than grill roulette.
Roasted pineapple with toasted vanilla pound cake
Serves 6 to 8 times
- Your favorite high quality vanilla pound cake
- 6-8 Pieces of Pineapple (canned, fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup cereal or brown sugar
- 1+ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Caramel thin (optional)
1. Place the dried pineapple pieces on a paper towel and one layer.
2. Mix sugar and alternative cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the sugar mixture lightly over the pineapple pieces, toss and repeat.
3. Preheat oven to high. Must smoke hot!
4. A piece of frozen pound cake less than 1 inch thick. Anything thin, and you are in danger of collapsing on the plot.
5. Brush the pound cake lightly with melted butter. In short, be careful not to burn roasted pieces.
6. Fill the pineapple side by side for 2-3 minutes. If you are lucky and the grill is very hot, you can actually get caramel shells. This is not always the case. The key here is to heat the pineapple before it ripens or burns.
7. To serve, place the toasted pound cake on a fine plate, add the toasted pineapple on top and grease with caramel sauce if desired.
Master Step: Sprinkle with a little crushed sugar (no cinnamon) and light it with a hand-held kitchen torch. My advice: practice this before you do it in front of friends!
Sign up to receive weekly emails from FOO44 on our recipes on our FOX4 news network.